Events for 2013-2014 Coming Soon!
Professional Development and Pizza
When: November 21, 2013
Time: 4:15-7:00 p.m
Where: Franklin Elem. (Kirkland, WA)
3 Clock Hours Available!
First Session Options: Reading Focus
1. Daily 5 by Maria Chesney
2. Increasing Stamina & Engagement in Primary Readers by Anna Jaross
3. Wonderworks for Special Ed. & Safety Net by Jennifer Mackler
4. Falling in Love with Close Reading by Shannon Leonard & Marissa Anarde
5. A Week in Wonders Workshop by Jeannette Siemers
6. Reaching Boy Readers by Zandria Hopper
7. Note & Notice: Moving Students to Deeper Understanding of Literary Text by Carolyn Kaiser
Second Session Options: Writing Focus
1. Reaching Struggling Writers by Anna Jaross
2. Primary Opinion Writing by Kailee Vanderwerff & Danielle Knapman
3. Supporting Opinion Writers in a Workshop Approach by Phoebe Pascoe & Megan Goodwin
4. Intermediate Nonfiction Writing by Whitney Clarkin
5. Boy Writers: Helping Them Find Their Voice by Cim Dew
6. Maximizing Literacy in a Thematic Unit by Jennifer Russell & Stefani Kauppila
Interested in attending?
Make sure you’re a LWLC member and just show up! No need to RSVP.
Not a member? Join at the event for $25.
4:15-4:30- Check in / Clock Hours
4:30-5:30- Session 1
6:00-7:00 Session 2
Book Club: Writing Matters in Every Classroom
When: December 3rd and 10th
Time: 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Where: John Muir Elementary
Hosted by Kacie Morison & Rebecca Breier (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Past President||Cim Dew|
|President Elect||Phoebe Pascoe||Mannemail@example.com|
|Treasurer||Jennifer Mackler||Rose Hill & Franklin||Jmackler@nulllwsd.org|
|Public Relation/Newsletter||Jessie Sterling||Meadfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Honor Council||Anna Jaross||McAuliffeemail@example.com|
|General Board||Jeannette Siemers||Parksfirstname.lastname@example.org|