Thank you to our conference participants. It was great to spend the day with 200 educators learning and collaborating about effective instructional strategies for all students…implementing the CCSS. The conference feedback always gives us ways to improve and ideas to celebrate. Here are a few things we have learned:
Ways to improve:
- Increase communication
- One building is the preference
- Kindergarten specific sessions would be appreciated
Learning from the conference we should CELEBRATE- (Quotes from participant feedback forms)
- Colleen Cruz should come back. The strong, specific writing strategies she taught will improve student learning acorss Washington!
- The specificity of the CCSS and the shifts we’ll be making for our students will be challenging, but also align with what I would want for all students in my classroom.
- Getting a chance to look at the writing expected in the CCSS makes me think that more time should be given to writing across the curriculum- every day!
This year WORD is looking into ways to best support colleagues throughout Washington. If you were able to attend our Fall Conference, what was your BIG LEARNING? If you couldn’t join us, what can WORD do to support you in the future?
Excited to continuing learning together-